Thursday, February 12, 2009

all these good things

My sweet boy cooked dinner and washed the dishes after we got back from the mountain tired, and put on the new headphones he bought exactly for this reason, so while he is on the computer I can enjoy the night sounds, and the sound of the erhu somebody is playing drift in the open door.

And this morning he and ZG went out and bought a wireless router and set it all up for me. I hugged ZG, who accepted it gracefully, and took us over to the medical college in his car.

It was a gorgeous day, once the morning fog burned away. I especially loved the return bike ride after the afternoon class. The street shared with other riders and walkers. The green off the sides of the little bridges. The first class went well, though, as always, there's a steep remembering curve about how to speak slowly and how much less they can handle than you imagined.

No comments: