Thursday, July 21, 2011

as long as it lasts


I thought I was excited about cooking in Australia. With a second person to make the effort worthwhile, the end of Sichuan food easy and cheap and all around, and outrageous Sydney food prices instead, I was going to turn over a new leaf. Then I discovered that Justin is an excellent cook. He experiments and has a good feel for what spices will work together, while I have recipe-dependence issues almost as serious as my mother's.


And then I got this working-woman's job, which has me out of the house around 5:15 am, sometimes 5:00 'til I get back, and my feet so tired. The last thing I feel like doing is spending another hour in another kitchen when I get home. Justin, on the other hand, has spent the entire day (in most cases) in front the of the computer doing nerdy-smart things. He (I assume) is happy to do something a bit more active. So he makes dinner, I wash the dishes (and he dries), and then he massages my sore feet before I fall asleep at 10 (psssttt, Justin, I don't think this is a deal for you, exactly).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any comment I'd leave here will merely make you roll your eyes. So I shall refrain.

Vernelle said...

Way to go Justin. Looking after your lady.