Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nanjing, through a J-lens














So Justin is a good photographer, and when he wasn't on the balcony in my apartment writing, spent a lot of the time walking around the city. We joked about how he got more familiar with the place than I am after eight months, but it's mostly true. He also helped me to see the city in new ways, and get excited about it again.











A corner near my apartment . . . .




View from the counseling room in our office.











On the city wall

Boats on the Yangtze

Worship at the Buddhist convent temple

One of my favorities.


I have loved this second-hand made-of-iron stove-top one-cup coffeepot since Theresa gifted it in November. Like she told me, it can burn bad coffee to a pretty good taste. Plus I just like the sound of the bubbling, the routine of dumping out the old grounds, watching the blue flames leap around it's bottom. My roommate's brother came over and opened it up and peered inside and asked me to explain how it works. "I have a coffeemaker too," he then told me. "It uses electricity."


And this is just outside the door of my apartment.

Apparently, I've never looked up.

No comments: